Just learned this morning, that we were part of a 'record'

The heavy wet snowfall, over 20" here, took out a bunch of power lines, and over 300,000 people were without power in the Denver area, which was a record. And, several thousand are STILL without power, two days later.
I can't imagine what an inconvenience that would be, for some people. We have 2 gas fireplaces and a gas range, plus a generator, and it was still a major pain in the butt. I imagine some folks are really hurting. Reminds me of 'Lights Out', by Ted Koppel, that explains how vulnerable our nation's electric grids are to being hacked. According to Ted and several experts in the field, it's not a matter of IF, but When it happens, and we're talking months, not days, to get it back on.
I had sorta forgotten the urgency I felt to be 'Be Prepared', but after 30 hours without electricity, I'm treating it like a dry run, for the Big Event. I sure hope not, but in this time of terrorism and hacking, why WOULDN'T our enemies try to do it? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?