I just read that they're gonna make a movie

from 'The Goldfinch'. Don't see how, but then I didn't think they could do 'Game of Thrones', or 'Lord of the Rings' either. I hope they do 'All the Light We Cannot See'. I'm in line for that as soon as it comes out. Just realized I haven't been posting on the books I've read, cuz of all the hilarious political crap from the Pubs, but I HAVE read some good stuff, incl: The new Michael Connelly, Daniel Sylva and Stephen King, plus several James Lee Burke's, one of Stephen King's fave authors, which take place around Houma , LA, where I used to work. Have also recently gotten back into Bernard Cornwell's historical fiction (starring Uhtred, the warrior) about the wars between the Danes/Norsemen (Vikings) and the English, Irish and French during the years of 900-1100. King Alfred was a jerk, but he's the reason it's England now, not Daneland.  Could have gone either way.
Have also read and enjoyed all the historical fiction of Steve Berry and most of Harlan Coben's books. Can't golf all the time and this has been an unusually hot summer, SO, when I'm not commenting on the absurdity of FOXNews and Repub politics, (one and the same), I read. Keeps me occupied and sane, which works for me. Life is good..... Unless the Pubs are re-elected, then 'Head for the Hills', or, if you are independently wealthy, just sit back and laugh, as the uninformed clowns 'reap the whirlwind'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?