A few days ago,

Bailey caught a vole (a short-tailed cute little mouselike thing), brought it to me, unharmed, and dropped it at my feet. It ran away and we've been trying to catch it, alive, ever since. We herded it to an open door, twice, and it doubled back, not wanting to leave. I caught it today, in a live-trap I built, and in the 30 seconds while I went to get a camera, it chewed it's way out of the cardboard part of the cage. SO, I fixed the 'drop door' with duct tape, and reset the cage. An hour later, I heard the door drop, and this time I got him. He now has a new home, far from Bailey and our pantry.

Click on to enlarge, and you can see he's a gray haired old fart, like me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?