Rocking Chair Memories


I posted, the other day, about a study that shows people my age are in the 'happiest' stage of their lives, and it just gets better, for a while. Have been thinking about it, and part of my happiness is having lots of 'rocking chair memories', as my buddy and I used to refer to them, whether it was a fantastic moment, or a pretty hairy one, of which we had our share. I'm still amazed we got out of all of them, alive, not incarcerated and (mostly) unhurt. These days, I'd put my RCM's up against about anyone's. In sports, from high school b-ball, track, then darts, golf, all kinds of fishing, from Canadian float plane trips, deep sea, all over the Rockies, as well as in Nebr growing up, with pheasant and duck hunting, as well as deer and elk over Colorado, (with a bow and rifle), RV trips, backpacking and boat adventures, over 40 years of snow skiing, plus MANY trips to Lake Powell, Mexico, Canada, Europe, etc, not even counting many years of rock n roll adventures (with the best bands in the world, in the 70's) as 'security' for the biggest promoter in the midwest, good times/bad times as a 'storm' adjuster, literally all over the US, and as a home builder in Boulder County, plus the many, really cool cars and motorcycles I've owned, interesting friends, relatives and acquaintances, (incl fantastic parents), not to mention my wonderful wife, kids(and spouses) and granddaughter. The ol' brain has lots of places to visit when things get slow. It reminds me, the same thing that made me a good athlete (in MY mind I was always superior to my inferior opponent, which is the attitude ALL successful competitors must have), makes me impatient and NOT a good listener when I hear people spout what I consider lame(R) thoughts and ideas. Not right, but that's just how I'm wired.
Anyway, just a thought that I wanted to get out of my brain before I lost it. AND, when the brain gets even slower, (is that possible?), I've got my blog/diary to 'open the boxes', as Stephen King would say, when the 'corners of my mind' get even further away. Life is good, and getting better...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?