I’ve seen and worked a LOT of concerts

And have been asked a LOT of times what my favorite band/concert was/is.
Always been a two way tie, between Led Zeppelin at the old Coliseum and a concert in St Louis, where Lynyrd Skynyrd opened for The Who.
Wow, the Southern boys blew everyone away, on that entire tour, and Skynyrd became YUUUUGE.
Wasn’t sure of the date, I knew it was mid early 70’s, until I saw a fantastic documentary on the band, called ‘Gone With The Wind, the Rise and Fall of Lynyrd Skynyrd’.
Part of that concert is featured, and I found out from the Concert Bill that it was November 28, 1973.
It was just like I remembered it. They played 5 songs, with about three seconds between them, beginning with ‘Gimme Three Steps’, and ending with ‘Free Bird’.
Amazing. The crowd went crazy, along with those of us doing security.
The Who was a disappointment after their performance.
A legend was born.
I still have the Backstage Pass concert sticker.

They had amazing footage and interviews about their fateful flight, that crashed and killed three of them, incl Steve Gaines and his sister Cassie, a back up singer.
Amazingly, they had stayed with a guy I worked with, Chuck Catt, when they were in Denver, for a GREAT show I worked, cuz they were all from the small town of. Miami, OK, a month before the plane went down.
Wow, 41 years ago.
Amazing documentary that brought back a LOT of old memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?