As I read another Steve Berry book,

(The Alexandria Link) and realize he's become one of my favorite authors, (The Templar Legacy is fantastic), I'm again reminded that two of the three subjects that should be avoided, in social gatherings, are politics and religion. Considering those guidelines, I look back and see how my religious 'beliefs' have been all over the chart, from a child's innocent acceptance, to a rebellious semi-adult who was sure is was all a hoax, while going back and forth, over the years, with differing degrees of certainty, one way or another. Now, as an old(er) person, I find myself somewhere in the middle, sure the Bible can't be literal truth, but realizing some of it is true, but how much? I'm always skeptically 'open' to any spiritual truth and am hopeful that someday I'll learn what's 'real', but realizing I may never know, although that's OK. If some supreme being is gonna sentence me to eternal fire for using the brain I was born with, so be it, but I doubt it.
As far as the other 'socially avoided subject', politics, I realize I haven't deviated one iota, since Nixon and the Repubs tried to send me to Viet Nam, (and trying to jail me for pot) to 'kill or BE killed' in their bullshit war, and GW and The Dick, having learned NOTHING from history, did the same old Republican crap in Iraq, as they (also) wrecked the US economy, for the little people. The Big Money Bushie Buddies, incl Big Oil, did real well. Yup, my thoughts and opinions have varied over the years, reaching different degrees of certainty and doubt, concerning religion, but I've NEVER wavered in my dislike/hatred of the Republican party, that would be an obvious choice for the 1%, but WHY would anyone else fall for their crap? Oh yeah, FOXNews, Republican propaganda, designed for the 'easily manipulated' among us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?