There was a time I didn't like

Frank Sinatra, or at least I wouldn't admit I did, cuz I liked the Beatles and Stones, and Frank was Old School, and not part of my world. But, I always knew he had a great voice, and now I realize it more than ever, as today's stars sing his songs on what would have been his 100th birthday. No one has a voice like Frank. I think he transcends time and generations, as he sings the classics, that I imagine mean nothing to the kids of today. Too bad, but that's how it is and has always been. My generation kind of straddled musical history, as Rock n Roll took over from the Big Band era, and now rock is taking a back seat to rap and newer genres.
Bottom line, Sinatra had a voice and life that was/is totally unique. Not saying it's better than (insert name here) but it is amazing. If you don't believe me, just check out the TV special on ABC tonight, that chronicles one of the truly fantastic personalities of our era. If that makes me an old fogy, so be it... PS Lady Gaga was fantastic, finishing with New York...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?