Strange feeling, tinged with sadness,

as I realize Christmas is over, after I looked forward to it SO much, and it was SO good in so many ways, (Piper called it 'perfect'), but now it's over, after it went SO fast. I try to talk to myself out of the melancholy, by telling myself how lucky/fortunate I am, with the best kids/wife/family
ever, but that feeling's still there, way down deep. Just part of the human experience, I guess, but that doesn't make it any easier. Part of it is cuz I keep getting the feeling that I should call the folks, and then I realize I can't....
Oh well, time for dinner, Carol fixed a fantastic prime rib, there's 4" of sparkling new snow, with more coming down, and Bailey's stretched out beside the fireplace. Life is good, but tinged with melancholy some times. I guess for every peak there has to be a valley, and it could just be fatigue, cuz we were up til after 2:30 playing games. Time to just sit and 'Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow'... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?